frequently asked questions

How do I Sign Up?

Follow these easy steps to get started:  

  • From our home page, click “Start Here” at the top right of the page.
  • This will take you to a screen where you can choose: small business or individual.  After some instructions you can create a password and set up your account.
  • We will approve your account and contact you within 24 hours.
  • Upload your tax documents into your secure client portal or fax them to us at 800-402-8764. 
  • After reviewing your tax information your new personal CPA will contact you within 24 hours by phone, or if you're not available, by email.

 What types of files can I upload?

  • Microsoft Word or Excel documents, .pdf’s, scanned files (.doc, .docx, .pdf, .xls , .gif, .jpg and .png extensions)
  • Most accounting programs, such as Quickbooks, Quicken or Microsoft Money.

Note for QuickBooks for Macs: You must back up your files into a Windows platform. 

How do I upload my documents?

There are several ways to upload your tax documents to us:

  • If your year-end tax documents are from a financial institution, it is easiest if you download them into an Excel or pdf file, save them onto your computer, and then log into your MyWayCPA account and upload those same saved files.
  • You can scan and upload your documents from your home or office and upload them into your secure client portal.
  • You can fax them to us at 800-402-8763

What documents do I need to upload?

  • A copy of last year's tax return
  • w-2's, 1099s, 1098s, k-1's, broker statements
  • We will provide you with a client organizer to help you if you like

How much does it cost?

  • Business Returns: We need a copy of last year’s return to give you a quote. Please create an account with us (being sure to complete phone number and email) and upload a scanned copy. We'll call with a quote within 24 hours.
  • Individuals: There is a fee estimator on the website. Our fees are very similar to national tax preparation services such as H&R Block.  Fee Estimator

What if I want a paper copy of my tax return?

For a fee we can mail you a copy. We prefer to do it electronically because it is generally safer than snail mail.

How long will you keep copies of my tax return?

My Way CPA will keep electronic copies of your tax return for seven years.

give us a call or complete this form for us to contact you
Phone Number
Best time to call